Cloth diapers don't come in number sizes in a box that tell you about the perfect time to size up. It's often not just about the weight range that the diaper fits either. So how do you know it's time to size up if you're using sized diapers?
Our family has never been very into the sized diapers because I love the wide fit range of the one-size diaper, but we have owned a few in the last several years. To the left, you'll see my youngest in a small, alligator print Happy Heiny. He is clearly getting too big for it in this picture.
While the aplix still closes very easily, the rise is on the shorter side in this picture and the openings at the legs are a little tight. This was a picture I took just before letting go of this adorable diaper.
So, if you're wondering whether or not it's time to size up at your house, I have a great post for you!
It might be time to size up if...
1. Your baby's plumber crack is hanging out the back of the diaper. That rise is much too short for your baby if this is the case! Lol.
2. You're getting lots of leaks. Too much compression can push pee out of your diaper faster.
3. You're getting lots of blowouts! If there's nowhere for the poo to go, it will go up. I think it's one of the Diaper Laws or something (much like Murphy's Law!). ;)
4. You can't seem to get the snaps/aplix closed very easily.
5. You're baby is getting a muffin top in their diaper. On the opposite side of #4, if you're having to pull the diaper too tight in order to get it to close, it's probably time to size up instead. Pulling the diaper too tight can't be comfortable.
These are my top 5 tell-tale signs that it's time to size up. If you have anymore you'd like to share, please feel free to add to the list by commenting on this post! Have a great Tuesday!