If you're a pocket diaper user, you likely already know where this is going. Do you leave your pockets unstuffed, stuffing as you go, after they come out of the laundry/off the line/whatever you do...or do you prestuff them all?
I do both, honestly. And there's no good reason for why I leave them unstuffed, though I could come up with a few. The real reason I leave them unstuffed is that I just don't always get around to prestuffing them straight from the laundry.
Some great reasons to prestuff:
1. The diapers are already ready to go, shortening your diaper changing time slightly.
2. Even the most inexperienced cloth diaper changer can change a diaper for you at any time if they are ready to go.
3. No digging through the inserts trying to find exactly the right one (if you're the type that cares which insert goes in which diaper).
4. Prestuffed diapers often look much neater all put away than a big pile of inserts and shells.
5. You'll always know exactly how many you have left at a glance.
Reasons to leave them unstuffed:
1. Unstuffed shells are easier to customize according to the use. If, for example, you've decided you want to use a particular diaper for overnight and you know you need a little extra absorbancy, you need only to add that to the stuffing.
2. If you're like me and you use prefolds to stuff your pocket shells, you can change your mind about the kind of diapering you want to do for the day on a whim.
3. Maybe your unstuffed diapers fit better wherever you put them away...
4. The time you save not stuffing your diapers is better spent doing almost anything else-making dinner, playing with older kids, doing a load of dishes, etc.
So what does everyone else do? Leave them unstuffed or stuff them ahead of time? Why do you do it?