I know it's the end of August and Christmas is still four months away, but did you know you could save a ton on your Christmas shopping by starting now?? If money is tight, that's an even better reason to get on it now.
Some thoughts for saving:
1. The chain stores are putting out "last year's toys" on deep clearance to make room for this year's big hits. That means that hitting up places like Target, K-Mart, and Walmart will likely get you some great stuff at low prices. An example?? I got the Hamburger Play-Doh set at Walmart this week (regularly $15-20 depending where you buy it) for just $3! Plus I found a cute interactive Elmo Memory Game for $3 as well! How can you beat that??
2. With school right around the corner, everyone is offering deals on clothes. Pick some up for Christmas now! And even better, all the summer stuff is going on sale and will continue to get cheaper and cheaper as the months wear on. If you can guess the size you'll need for next summer, you can get that wardrobe awhile for next to nothing!
3. Online shipping will never be cheaper than it is right now. Last year I stalked the Leapfrog site, waiting for just the right deal for my daughter's Leapster Explorer. Well, October rolled around and the free shipping minimum went up! I waited too long! Thankfully though, I was able to combine my purchase with my mom's and we still managed to get the free shipping.
4. Going out of business sales. Border's is closing up shop which is super sad, but also means great deals if you're willing to pick through! We found some great games and books for our kids when we were there last week and saved a bunch too!
5. If you've never tried out a rebate site, now's the best time to get started! I use Ebates, which you can see here: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=Yps600ma3RpQWjeM27%2BzRA%3D%3D I've gotten lots back from them already, starting with gifts I bought my kids last year at Christmas. Each store offers a different percentage back too. And there's others out there like this as well. This is just the one I like to use. :)
So get on out there this weekend and start your shopping! Even if you only get one thing, you can say that you've started! Have a great weekend and we'll see you Monday!