For the last eight years or so, I've been crocheting. I started small, making simple things like pot holders and scarves. Eventually, I made something a little harder: a blanket. Harder, in that it was bigger. Lol. As time continued, I actually tried something that wasn't flat! The first item I made that wasn't flat was a pair of booties. Believe it or not, Ian was the wearer of those booties. I made a pair for my bff's daughter too. They were adorable.
Several items later, I decided to try making hats. This is where the "Name my Etsy Store" Challenge comes in. I have loved making hats so much that I am opening a store to sell them in! The problem? I have no idea what to call my store! That's where you all come in. J I need you to help me name my store. In exchange, I'll make the winner a hat!
A few pictures to get those creative juices flowing:
Some things that may (or may not) help with coming up with names:
1. I have 4 kids, ranging in age from 2 up to 11.
2. We call the youngest 2 by nicknames a lot: Bug, Buggie, or Bugaboo for the youngest and Beanie or Beans for the next in line.
3. My first name is Kristi.
4. I'm not a fan of spelling things "wrong" to make it cuter (eg, Creation spelled Kreation looks wrong to me, lol).
5. I AM a fan of catchy names that can mean two different things, if that makes sense. For example, Wee Little Changes can refer to changing little people's diapers but it can also refer to making small changes in your own life to benefit the world as a whole.
6. All of my hats are 100% wool, hand washable only.
7. I may or may not add other things for sale beyond hats at some point. I also make some cute hooded cocoons, but I'm not sure if I want to sell those right now.
8. 10% of the profits will be donated to various places. I like to keep my options open with donations and give where I feel inspired to give. So one month, I may donate something to a friend's international adoption or to a prison ministry, another month I might give to a cloth diaper foundation of some sort.
A few rules to make this challenge go smoothly (I hope):
1. You can suggest as many names as you want.
2. Whoever suggests a name first, gets the credit for it.
3. This challenge will run for the next two weeks, so keep submitting those names!
4. When I see the one I love, I'll let you all know by posting our winner.
5. The winner will choose from several hats for their prize.
6. Only US residents can win this one.
Have fun and may the best name win! :)