On the way:
- Everyone gets dressed in their swimming attire before we leave; Ian wears a swim diaper stuffed with an infant prefold to go so he doesn't leak on the way there.
- We put sunscreen on everybody before we ever get out of the car so it has a chance to settle in and do its job.
- Be sure to grab any passes you may need to get into the place you'll be going.
At the pool:
- Extra sunscreen
- Towels for all
- Pool toys
- Plenty of drinks/snacks to keep everyone hydrated. Believe it or not, you can still get dehydrated when you're swimming. It's hot out there!
- Goggles, if your kids go for that sort of thing (mine definitely do)
- Hair bands for pulling long hair out of little faces
- A camera if you want to capture these moments on film…er digitally…but keep it away from the water! Lol.
After the pool:
- A change of clothes for all that were swimming
- Spare diapers
- Wet bags, etc for all that wet clothing
- More drinks/snacks for hydrating those little ones!
I think I got it all! Take a look, did I miss something you deem super important for the pool? Tell us about it in a comment on this post. Happy Thursday everyone! J