Here are a few tips from a beginner:
- Get the local Sunday paper (of the biggest city closest to you)
- Clip ONLY the coupons of products you use and will buy
- Refrain from impulse buying/coupon clipping of products you normally dont' use
- Stock up on as many products are you can only when they are on sale & that you coupons for
- Grow your own produce/start a garden
It will take awhile to get used to going grocery shopping for items that on your list that are on sale instead of what "meals" you have planned for that week. Shop at Walmart?... they now accept coupons, but be careful because a lot of time other grocery stores will have a way better price.
As for shopping for other items needed for your family, there are so many deals out there. A lot of times department stores have special discounts and coupons if you sign up through their website. And, never pay for shipping if you can help it!
Would love to hear any tips you may have for growing a family and saving money!