If you’re still struggling to find a present for someone, I have one last “make your own” easy gift idea. It’s the no-sew blanket. I’m sure most of you have heard of this, it’s the fleece blankets you tie around the edges?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Enough fleece to make a blanket in the size you want. The one I have pictured here uses two different colors in a blanket large enough for an elementary aged child.
- The ability to tie a knot :)
Here’s what you do:
1. Lay your two pieces of fleece on top of each other so they overlap exactly. Cut about two inches into the fabric every inch or so the whole way around the blanket so you create little ties.
2. Tie each set of two ties together in a knot. Repeat the whole way around.
3. Give the blanket to the person you made it for.
This works with fleece because fleece doesn’t pull or fray when cut. Other fabrics would need sewn around the edges. This works well with scarves and baby blankets too!