Most of us know that FuzziBunz has 2 fantastic lines of diapers, the perfect size and the one size. At the risk of sounding redundant, I have to add that both have been “perfected” a few times since they were introduced.
So what’s the difference between the two? How do you decide which to use for your baby? Are there any similarities?
Let’s tackle that last question first. According to http://www.fuzzibunz.com/, every FuzziBunz diaper, perfect size or one size, comes in 14 colors, includes at least one reusable insert, and is environmentally friendly.
http://www.fuzzibunz.com/ also offers a list of questions to help you choose the right style for you and your baby. Additionally, they say that it “it doesn’t have to be all or nothing! You can make the choice to purchase some Perfect Size and some One Size to complete your stash.”
Let’s start with the Perfect Size questions:
· Do you want the trimmest fitting diapers from birth to potty training?
· Do you desire a perfect fit from day one?
· Do you want an excuse to buy some additional FuzziBunz® colors once in a while?
· Do you want a little bit of adjustability, but not too much?
· Do you want four different sizes to choose from?
· Do you have a hard-to-fit baby?
And now the One Size questions:
· Do you want to purchase one set of diapers to last throughout your baby’s diapering years (only buying new ones if it strikes your fancy!)?
· Do you want the most adjustable cloth diaper on the market with more than 30 possible adjustments to ensure the diaper fits your baby to a tee?
· Do you want an extremely durable diaper that will stand the test of time?
· Do you have a very long baby or one with chubby legs?
· Do you want to be able to adjust your baby’s diaper quickly as they grow and possibly adjust back as they thin out?
· Do you want to have the option to use the same diapers for multiple children (either diapering simultaneously or separately)?
Again, all of these questions are taken straight from the FuzziBunz website here: http://www.fuzzibunz.com/
So what does it all mean? If you have more “yes” answers to the perfect size questions, then you should probably go with the perfect size. If you have more “yes” answers to the one size questions, then you should try the one size diaper. And don’t forget that you could easily get some of both to try out! When you first start cloth diapering, trial and error is a must to figure out what you like and what you don’t.
Having tried both, I can honestly say that they’re both a great choice for different reasons. I have a long, skinny (we’re talking chicken legs here, lol) little man that fits well in both options. Our medium perfect size diaper only recently started to fit really well and we really like it. It’s trim and the apple green color is adorable on him. Our one size diaper is an older style that Ian has been wearing since he was only weeks old. Seriously, I have pictures. I’ve adjusted the elastic as we’ve gone along and never had a fit problem.
Anyway, take a look at the list of questions and decide what’s right for you! The perfect size? The one size? Some of each?