If you don’t know already about Etsy.com, you have to check it out. It is a website where you can find the coolest handmade and vintage items . And, a lot of these artists are WAHM’s. Kelly, the woman behind Petunias’ is no exception. She is an unbelievable seamstress and her creativity is endless. You can check out all of her original designs in her Etsy store (http://www.etsy.com/shop/PETUNIAS). I fell in love with Petunias' creations the first time I laid eyes on them! Sure, I paid a few extra bucks for my custom wet bag but I just couldn't resist and have gotten so much use out of it. I not only use it for cloth diapers but use it to tote our wet bathing suits around in the summer. She makes everything from zippered wet bags and snack packs to gorgeous custom baby blankets and even hair accessories. Petunias' also has custom made fabric that is so hip!
Here is a little bit about Kelly…
1. Where do you live? I grew up in West Michigan and still live there today.
2. A little bit about your family? I have been married to my wonderful husband for about 6 years. We have three kids and another one due in the fall. We love playing with our kids and are looking forward to a summer of enjoying time in and around Lake Michigan.
3. What is your background in? (former job or study in school) I got a general business degree in college, worked in the banking world for a few years and then became a stay at home mom. PETUNIAS started shortly after our first child was born.
4. What is one thing people would be surprised to find out about you? I taught all of my college friends how to quilt. I LOVE any kind of sewing!
5. What are your hopes for Petunias in the next 5 years? I hope to keep growing and exploring new products. I hope to be having even more fun with it than I am now : )
6. Anything new or exciting you want to share? I just bought a new embroidery machine so PETUNIAS will soon be able to offer sewn monograms and designs on many of our products.
7. What design (appliqué) has been a customer favorite? The ICKY Bag has been a HUGE favorite over the past few years, but the Name Game Blankets are coming into a very strong second.
Love it? Become a fan on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petunias/155193739858?ref=mf#/pages/Petunias/155193739858?ref=ts).