Yes, the Applecheeks "Bonfire" swim diaper is the first and only swim diaper I have used so far, however I do also own Monkey Doodlez, Bummis Swimmis, Kushies and Snugs Boutique swim diapers. The Applecheeks is the only one that fits my daughter so far, and to be honest I think the design is far superior than the others and super cute too!
2. What features makes the AppleCheeks swim diaper stand out from the others out there and made you want to try it?
The AppleCheeks swim diaper fits from 7lbs - 20lbs, so fits a large range, and is the only one I have found that will fit a baby under 10lbs with skinny legs! It is very cute, and the colours are great inside and out! You don't need to use a swim suit on top of it either. The unique design of the material allows the water to move through this diaper and yet keeps in all solids. This also means that when you get out of the water, the water does not weigh down the diaper. It drys very fast, and keeps your child from feeling uncomfortable in a horrible wet diaper.
3. How old is your darling son or daughter?
My daughter is now 10 weeks old, and weighs about 10lbs. (We have been using the Applecheeks swim diaper for about 3 weeks now, and the other swim diapers still do not fit her skinny legs yet)
4. Have you experienced the diaper in action? Aka….did your little one have a BM while in the water?
One of the first times I put my daughter in her Applecheeks swim diaper, we swam in the pool for over an hour! She had 3 BMs, but was having soo much fun, she didn't want to get out....and she didn't have to. There were no leaks, everything was held in perfectly!
5. Do you add anything absorbent to the diaper before your baby enters the water? Or, do you change them immediately before entering the pool/ocean?
I don't add anything absorbant to the diaper, just change her into the swim diaper before the swim, and out of it after the swim!
6. Is there anything you would like to see changed on this swim diaper to make it even better?
I love this diaper. I don't think there is any improvments that could be made. The only recommendation I would make to Applecheeks, is I would love to see more colours.
7. How much money do you think you will save this summer by not having to buy disposable diapers for swimming (swimmis)?
I don't even know how much disposable diapers cost, but we will be saving a lot this summer as my daughter loves the water, and we swim almost everyday!
8. Have you tried any other AppleCheeks products? If so, what product and how do you like it?
I also have a few Size 1 AppleCheeks Diapers, and a Applecheeks Hemp Insert. I love the Applecheeks Diapers, I have never had a leak or blowout (Day or Night). They look very cute on, the colours are fantastic, and again the fit my daughters skinny legs. I use this diaper as a pocket diaper. It is Awesome, as you can leave the insert in and it will make it's own way out in the wash. I only use the Hemp Insert at night as it is rather bulky, but I have other inserts I use day and night that look very trim!I will be buying more Applecheeks diapers, swim diapers and I also want to try their Bamboo Inserts.
9. Would you recommend this diaper to a friend?
I would definitely recommend the Applecheeks swim diaper to friends! In fact, I have already convinced a few non-cloth diapering families to start using this swim diaper as it is soooo user friendly..and they love it too! I think that the Applecheeks swim diaper is a perfect gift, or part of a gift for baby showers for any family!
10. Is the price right on or too high?
I think that the price is perfect considering how long you can use the diaper for. I could be wrong, but I believe that the Applecheeks swim diaper is only a few dollars more than most of the other swim diaper options, and you can use this diaper for a lot longer as it is adjustable.